Factsheet – Nicotine
- Regular users say it helps them relax, concentrate and feel less anxious and less hungry
- Feeling sick and dizzy on first use
- Makes your breath, hair and clothes smell
- Stains your teeth
- Each year at least 100’000 people die from smoking related diseases.
- Passive smoking- breathing other people’s smoke can damage your health
- Tobacco smoke contains over 4000 chemicals, many of which are harmful to health.
- It’s easy to get hooked on cigarettes, so it can become an expensive habit.
- Smoking over a long period of time can lead to cancer, heart disease and bronchitis.
- Smoking during pregnancy can harm the baby.